Tattoos Are Like Kids– Trust Me, I Have a Few
Having a total of eight tattoos and children combined (with plans for several more of the former and absolutely no more of the latter), I’ve picked up on some compelling similarities.
On Deciding To Go For It:
- It can be hard to decide whether or not to go for your first one.
- Particularly if you’re a woman, you may consider the fact that your body will never look the same again.
- You may be tempted to go for it if a lot of your friends have them. This is not a good reason to do it.
- You may be scared to go for it if none of your friends have them. This is not a good reason not to do it.
- It will be expensive and almost always worth it.
On The Pain Factor:
- Fear of pain is a ridiculous reason not to have one– the pain is fleeting, and the result is permanent.
- You may want your spouse to hold your hand when it gets really uncomfortable. You may also want to be left the hell alone.
- If you’re so inclined, a little medication can really take the edge off.
- You may want an alcoholic beverage once it’s over.
- Your spouse has to treat you gently for a couple weeks afterwards.
On Living With Your New Creations:
- Once you have one, you kind of figure, What’s a few more? (In fact, some of us have a hard time stopping.)
- You feel pride over them even though you didn’t really create them yourself.
- People who don’t have them often don’t “get” them. Some share their opinions on the matter far too freely.
- If you have what people consider “too many,” you might not get hired.
- If they turn out well, you’ll want to show them off.
- If they turn out badly, you’ll be embarrassed and people will judge you.
How else are tattoos like kids? How many do you have of each?
I showed you mine– now show me yours! If you haven’t already “liked” my Facebook page, go do it now, and then post your photos on my wall!